Institute of Applied Physics
5 Academiei str.
MOLDOVA (Rep. of)
phone: +(373) 22 738150
fax: +(373) 22 738149
Laboratory of Electrophysical and Electrochemical Treatment of Materials Boris Lazarenko
Laboratorul Metode Electrofizice și Electrochimice de Prelucrare a Materialelor Boris Lazarenko a fost format în a. 2013 în rezulștatul contopirii Laboratorului Prelucrarea Electrochimică a Materialelor și a Laboratorului Prelucrarea Materialelor prin Electroeroziune şi Protecţia Anticorosivă. Laboratorul poartă numele fondatorului metodei electroerosive de prelucrare a materialelor Boris Romanovici Lazarenko.
The of Electrophysical and Electrochemical Treatment of Materials Boris Lazarenko was created in 2013 as a result of the merge of the Laboratory of Electrochemical Treatment of Materials and the Laboratory of Electroerrosive Methods of material Treatment and Antocorrosion Protection.
Fundamentals of innovative research into the field of electrochemical treatment of materials at the Institute of Applied Physics are connected with the name of its first director, a renown scientist, academician Boris Lazarenko (1910 – 1979). Those activities were followed and further developed by academician Yuri Petrov (1921-1990), the founder of the first-in-Moldova school of electrochemical technologies for materials treatment. The initial research and elaborations were connected with developing methods based on electrochemical dimensional treatment of metals and obtaining of wear-resistant galvanic coatings, mainly on the basis of iron group metals. At present the direction and the Laboratory is headed by corresponding member of the ASM, professor, doctor habilitate Alexandr Dikusar.
- Study of dependences of high rate anodic and cathodic processes that occur under stationary and nonstationary conditions of electrolysis; design of new technological processes of electrochemical formation of machine components;
- Investigations of dependences of electrochemical deposition of galvanic wear resistant coatings (iron, chromium, alloys) under stationary and nonstationary conditions of electrolysis; elaboration of technologies directed at hardening of machine components;
- Dimensional electrochemical micro- and nanotreatment to obtain nanomaterials (coatings, nanocomposites, nanowires, etc.), research into their properties, and working out methods of their usage.
- studierea fenomenelor, ce însoţesc decurgerea descărcărilor electrice în mediul lichid şi gazos; elaborarea proceselor tehnologice noi şi perfecţionarea celor existente.
- studierea particularitaţilor formării structurilor pe suprafaţă, proprietăţilor anticorozive şi fizico-mecanice a pieselor restabilite, fabricate şi durificate prin metodele electro-fizico-chimice.
- General methods of calculation of the fields of rates, temperatures, concentrations and potentials have been developed for high rates of interphase exchange. Kinetic dependences of high-rate anode dissolution of various metals and alloys in the concentrated solutions of inorganic salts and alkalies adjusted to the conditions of electrochemical machining of metals have been investigated.
- The phenomenon of thermokinetic instability of superficial coating layers - sharp, non-stationary increase in rates of electrochemical processes under the mutual influence of heat generation and rates of reactions has been revealed and investigated. Mechanisms of the description of transition to instability depending on the nature of kinetic limits of electrode process rates have been proposed.
- Research into physical phenomena in an interelectrode gap and on the border of interphases has made it possible to prove the applications of pulse regimes in electrochemical treatment. New technological processes of electrochemical dimensional treatment of complex details profiles, stamps and compression forms, of artificial roughness creation on internal surfaces of pipes, of electrochemical grinding have been developed, etc.
- Specific dependences allowing to determine properties of coating on the basis of iron and its alloys during their deposition have been established. New technological processes of electrochemical hardening and reconditioning of machine components have been developed.
- Elaborarea utilajului pentru durificarea superficială a materialelor.
Head of laboratory:
cor. memb. ASM, prof., Dr.Sci. Alexandr Dikusar
phone : + (373) 22 738178
fax : + (373) 22 738149